Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm taking crazy pills again



Mainly because this picture just makes me laugh and therefore should be on our blog but also because it continues to capture my mood everytime I am asked to repeat the same theoretical task over and over again. I was recently asked to provide my "in-depth" perspective on the same thing I was asked last week, last month, last year.....in fact ever since the dawning of time.

I am seriously in the land of crazy. But who is more crazy, the person who asks the same question over and over or the person who keeps giving the same answer over and over? What?

I don't know but maybe I should have followed the first lesson I was taught in advertising. I was told that when walking in the office corridor, whether going to the toilet, the fax machine (yes clearly this was sometime ago) or simply to get coffee, always carry a piece of paper in your hand and walk fast like your life depended on it. That way people will always think your busy even when your not and will never try and dump more work on you as a result.

Good advice, should have blown past him in the corridor with a piece of paper flapping in my wake. Nuts.

3 comments:

bizarro gnome said...

'crazy pills' really does encapsulate our working life these days. one of my favorite comments from a client was when he was leaving his assignment and said to me, 'you know, you have been telling me for 3 years to do X - and now, i finally believe you'. huh? yes, that's how long it takes around here.

bizarro gnome said...

just to comment again (in response to our 'driving comments' objective) on your question of, 'who is more crazy, the person who asks the same question over and over or the person who keeps giving the same answer over and over?'

hmmm...i think you could argue it either way.

but perhaps, i'll go with albert einstein (the original captain physics?) on this: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”

therefore, i think my vote is for the person who gives the same answer over and over.

van ramblings said...

thankyou for successfully driving comments as per our objective. 3 years to get the admission that you were right....hard yards. I guess that why we are where we are today!