Monday, September 17, 2007

in sync

i am thinking today about an old ad for the vw beetle (i think) where the audio of the car matchs up to the audio of the outside world - i recall the swish of the wipers, but can't seem to find it on youtub. anyhow, made me think about how, sometimes, my ipod does this.

he plays exactly the right song, with the right lyrics, at the right time. this week, 'once in a lifetime' keeps popping up on shuffle (this one a cover version of the talking heads by Young@Heart, the octogenarian chorus).

And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!

As for me...This is not my beautiful job!

And you may ask yourself
Well...How did I get here?

indeed.

1 comment:

van ramblings said...

that is totally freaky! weird but inspirational at the same time.