Monday, October 15, 2007

Complete Pieces of Crap

No Bizarro Gnome it's not an ode to the great CPC but in fact a magazine entitled 'Presents for Men'.

I was particularly intrigued by an item selling itself as a 'Rope Knot Door Stop'. This product, to quote the magazine, "is a stylish giant Rope Knot Door Stop to keep your doors open. Heavy and practical it will look at home in a modern or traditional home."

Ok to me this look like a cat toy gone wrong but whatever. Firstly, since when was rope "stylish" and secondly what makes a door stop predominantly appealing to a man. I guess it is manly in shape but still seems like a pretty crap gift to me. I figured they were scraping the barrel when they made this up...BUT then I discovered the BANANA GUARD.



This made me laugh. Are they serious. Ok yes bananas have the tendency to go yucky when transporting them around in one's bag but again is this naturally a present 'just for men'? Clearly men hate it when their banana is damaged or droopy :-) enter the BANANA GUARD.


And lastly I love to read on the toilet just as much as the next person but this is really upping the stakes. Mini golf anyone?

Is this what men are really interested in?

2 comments:

bizarro gnome said...

love it. i especially love the true to life depiction of dude on the toilet - and the kicker - pants around his ankles. classic & classy at the same time.

whatevs said...

OMG. forget making fun of the boys bringing in newspapers into the men's.....now i'm worried about the dude who brings this into it.