Thursday, October 18, 2007

i blame the internet and remote controls

building upon my earlier post about ABS (abandoned books syndrome), further proof that i have no attention span and no patience anymore:

i just had to fax something (this was, of course, after saying to my mother, why do you have a fax machine? nobody faxes anymore) and i was convinced it was not working at all and that i had done it incorrectly because it taking was clearly too much time. i looked at the confirmation report and it took 1 minute, 42 seconds. it felt, however, like an eternity.

ps - i am happy to report that admitting i had ABS was indeed a first step. i have since been able to complete two books, and i am midway through a third which i hope not to abandon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your story about living with ABS touched me. I too suffer from the condition, and it's inspriational to hear that I'm not alone. And I am pleased to say that last weekend, I finished my first whole book in months. Well, mostly. I didn't finish the appendix, but the lead character had already kicked it, so I don't think the appendix really counts.