Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Why are we so angry?

One of my passions is to open up the Advertising Trade Mag Campaign and review people's headshots.

My summation after having done this for sometime is that everyone in Advertising is either really serious, disinterested or just plain angry. Why is this the case? When did smiling become so offensive. Apparently you can only be taken seriously if you look a bit pissed off.

But recently I have noticed that the ante has been upped. People are no longer satisfied with just looking angry and disinterested was so five years ago. Now scary is the new black.

Case in point, these two guys. They have pushed past angry and channelled a level of scary that makes me never want to be in the same room as these guys. I'd like my Advertising without a side of maniac, thanks.



I want to campaign to bring back the 'smile' in Advertising. Nothing says 'I will sell my Grandma to get your business' like a nice smile.

No comments: