Thursday, November 29, 2007

Festive Coffee


This morning I was a bit hung over, so I went for it. I lost my gingerbread latte virginity. When she asked if I wanted whipped cream, I knew I was being naughty. My toes wiggled.

But the problem with these so-themed festive coffees is that a hint of gingerbread makes you crave the real thing. Now I want the cookie. Screw the coffee.

So instead of enjoying an exceptional latte, in my mind I'm now trying to chug down a piss-poor excuse for a cookie.

That's why you got to stick to the chai when you're feeling festive. You can't eat a chai. The chai latte is infact the ultimate experience of chai. It doesn't get any more tangible. You can't want more.

The lesson: don't drink what you can dunk.

5 comments:

bizarro gnome said...

what?! how dare you disparage the gingerbread latte! you take that back. a chai pales in comparison.

i don't know if i'm speaking to you right now. which will make for a difficult 5 hour road trip - you have been warned.

van ramblings said...

But do you know that AMT makes a much better Chai Tea Latte than Starbucks. I was both skeptical and shocked at the same time. It really is miles better than that crap they serve at Starbucks (i can't believe those words came out of my mouth). Do yourself a favour and order a chai steamer - extra hot - you want be disappointed but you will be ruined FOREVER...as I am now!

van ramblings said...

Oh that was for Bizarro. And BTW congrats on the post Pandora.

Anonymous said...

i love that this is a public conversation amongst 3. with one 4th that pipes up in the background with uninvited, oft inappropriate remarks. Almost avuncular, I'd say.

bizarro gnome said...

there is no possible way that is the right word.