Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Public displays of headphone affection


I am totally obsessed with people who wear massive headphones in public. I just want to walk up to them and go "you look totally ridiculous...what the hell were you thinking.....does sound quality really get better the bigger your headphones are?" Total muppets.
One time at band camp.....this guy in front of me on a flight recently had a pair of what can only be described as gigantic princess leia ear muffs ...no seriously they needed their own postcode.... but I was mesmorised. I just couldn't believe that (a) people go to the trouble of hauling those things around; and (b) that he was ok to not move his head sideways for 8 hours in order to wear these bloody things.
Why? I just don't get it.
See Dear Douchebag for follow up discussion on the redunc practice of wearing massive headphones in public. P.s. anything named 'Douchebag' has got to be funny and they don't disappoint.

1 comment:

pandora's box said...

I'd like to see two people displaying public displays of headphone affection making out. That would be surreal. Like they were channeling something.