Tuesday, November 20, 2007

TED's are running the world.....



While I am on the subject of people in the profession of 'service' I would like to introduce the concept of Ted's. Ted's are people who in their jobs have been given a small amount of responsibility and have decided that this is how they are going to realise their life long dream of being a force to be reckoned with.


Generally these people have been given the responsibility of managing a queue and their name is usually Ted. (Hence the name Ted's).


So Bouncers obviously but pretty much anyone working at the airport fits this description. Particularly those fools in charge of ensuring that everyone has a freakin plastic bag. Or the guy in charge of badly managing the queues to check in. (This is where Pandora and I found the Ted of all Ted's). Definitely anyone who has a clipboard. You just know they are going to be a total Ted.


I am sure they are plenty more Ted's out there I just need to keep my eye out.

1 comment:

bizarro gnome said...

oh, ted. i can think of another name for a ted. and a dance to go with your headline.

ask sweet pleats about her ted, sebastien when she was en route to spain!