Sunday, June 15, 2008

table topic #5

time for a new table topic. this week, it's the pet edition:

5. Which pet is the favorite of any you've had?

well, we had a lot of pets growing up: 
- fred, the carnival gold fish that lived in a mayonnaise jar on top of the fridge and fed progresso italian bread crumbs 
- bun-buns, the house rabbit that loved doritos and trained to go in a litter box 
- ron & nancy, a pair of cats we had around the time of ronald reagan's second inauguration
- cookie,  goat that love chocolate donuts and who was once kidnapped and held for ransom by a rival farm
- and pretty boy, a cockatiel that had rosy red cheeks and to whom my father became completely devoted  

but, my favorite pet - by far - was my first cat: midnight rainbow girl. yes, that was her full name. mid, as she was affectionately called, had a bit of black on her face (midnight), a calico tail (rainbow) and she was, well, a girl. so to me, the name was completely logical. to my parents, she was a primarily white cat their crazy kid had named midnight. i guess i was already a creative thinker by age 6. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yr. Fav. Librarian: My favorite pet was Jaws II (not to be confused w/ Jaws or Jaws III). Jaws II was a betta fish who lived through Hurricanes Katrina & Rita, traveled hundreds of miles with me during vacations and survived the dreadful I-took-a-corner-too-fast-and-his-tank-fell-over incident of '07. Here's to you, Jaws II.