Friday, March 6, 2009

F&%ck off Yammer....have I said too much?


Started back at work this week, and already I feel like technology has passed me by. Yammer is the new 'must-have' app, apparently the business form of Twitter or Facebook. Either way, I hate it.

Not only is everyone inviting me to be their Yammer buddy with the freakish statement "you are now being followed by [insert name]"; like any of us need another place to check if someone has communicated with us. But now the person who sits next to me has just invited me to be in their Yammer thingey, pledging to follow my every move online. This is where I draw the line.

Yammer and I will not be friends. I think all these new tools that have sprung up under the guise of "more effective communication" are such a waste of space. Just another way to pretend your busy in my mind....which incidentally I am all for but being stalked at work by another form of technology by people I am trying to limit communication with is just too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CEO says..."Now we are up to 44 users"...def sounds like a hot trend ;)

bizarro gnome said...

oh, van ramblings. welcome back to working life. and the blog.

so, just so i'm clear on your post - i should NOT invite you to be my yammer buddy?