Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Old Fart Rant


Let's stop glorifying the young. Generation G or whatever their new name is. So they grew up with the digital world. Big friggin deal. What else have they done? Ok I sound bitter. I am.

But my bitterness has recently intensified when the other day I was in a training session and the 'Grad' James, who is 17, was invited to join presumably to learn. But turns out it was so we could use him as our sample of one. After every slide James was asked.....James do you blog? James do you watch TV anymore? James do you load videos to YouTube? James do you Twitter?

James you are so amazing, you do stuff online.

Seriously I wish I was born in this generation when apparently 'existing' is enough to make an impression. Never mind that they are all going to be socially retarded because they only communicate with each other online or via mobile. Or the fact that half of them can't spell properly because of their text language.

I feel better now that I got my age crisis out on 'paper' :-)

3 comments:

bizarro gnome said...

welcome, dear van ramblings, to the "i'm old" club. kidz today...

Got Another One said...

Ah Van Ramble, it's good to have you back.

bex_newman said...

we're here to listen....
glad u feel btr