Friday, February 1, 2008

The flame is back with some bizarre obsessions

Whilst inevitably one of us is fighting off the plague (this time pandora), I thought I would update the blog with the bizarre things I have become obsessed with since beginning this journey.

1. Moving the tent (once erected) because I think I have found a better place to put it.
2. Head torches. Apparently no good camper would be caught without one. (um, we didn't have one but managed to steal one, by accident, from a friend who lent us their spare.
3. Checking out other people's gear. Wet weather gear, packs, sleeping bags, shoes. You name it, I am all over it. Mostly I just have 'gear envy' because pandora and I were so poorly prepared. Think Wales, on top of a mountain, wimbledon ponchoes, drenched, caught in a storm.
4. Bowel movements. I won't say too much but believe me when you are camping it is all your talk about with your fellow campers. No topic goes untouched.
5. The US stock market. Mostly just the US dollar and currency markets but I have also been known to bore pandora to sleep with the dolcet tones of bloomberg in the background and me loving every minute but not understanding a thing.

So far these are my strange obsessions. I will update you as more become apparent.

1 comment:

bizarro gnome said...

welcome back, flame, we missed your van ramblings. #1 is so you! i can totally see you, head lamp in the dark, moving your tent meters over. then over there. then over there...!