Tuesday, February 5, 2008

teen tunes (hair band edition)

further to my post about my teen journals, i came across a list i kept of concerts i went to during these formative years. very heavy on the metal. actually, not even metal - pop metal, at best. hard rock, if you will. hair bands to be exact. 

my first concert, at the age of 14, was aerosmith (circa love in an elevator). but, i was really there to see the opening act - skid row. sebastian bach in all his power ballad glory. anybody remember 'i remember you'

here is a selection of some of the other lineups on the list (a special shout out to my dad who faithfully suffered through most of them):
- faith no more / billy idol
- warrant / poison (twice no less, and within 1 week of each other)
- zz top / the black crowes
- trixter / great white / the scorpions (circa east germany wind of change)
- bullet boys / slaughter / poison (up all night, sleep all day was my mantra for a while there)
- extreme / cinderella / david lee roth
- queensryche / suicidal tendencies (my poor mother has fond memories of suffering through that one)

good times, good times. 

No comments: